Monday, March 2, 2015

February 22-28, 2015

Sunday:  Eat Out - Babe’s Chicken


Monday:  Crockpot Creamy Tortellini Soup with Warm Sourdough Bread



·          We finally had our official “Ice-maggedon 2015” day, so a warm crockpot of soup sounded like a perfect idea for dinner.  We love this soup so much! 

What made it even easier is that I actually had a batch of it frozen from the last time I made it.  The full recipe makes an absolute TON of soup, so I only cooked half of it a couple of months ago.  I put the other half of the ingredients, prepped and ready to go, in a ziplock bag except for the spaghetti sauce, water, and beef broth.  So, today, I just pulled the bag of goodness out of the freezer, poured them frozen into my crock pot, and added the remaining 3 ingredients.  It cooked on low for about 7 hours, and then when we were about 30 minutes away from dinner time, I stirred in the tortellini.  I served ours with some warm, freshly made sourdough bread I purchased from the farmer’s market this weekend.  Yum, yum, yum!


Tuesday:  Venison Medallions with Roasted Broccoli & Beans

·          Chad thawed out some venison and planned to cook it on the grill for us.  (We use venison just like steak or ground beef around here since we have a good supply in our freezer!)  But, because of weather changes, he needed to hop on a flight out of town a day early.  So, he kindly marinated the meat for me before he left, and I seared it for just a few minutes on my cast iron skillet on the stove.  It was thin, so it really only took a minute or two per side.  I added some pinto beans that we also had frozen from a previous large batch and roasted some fresh broccoli.  It was a healthy, delicious meal that took very little time to prepare.


Wednesday:  Dinner with Mom


Thursday:  Dinner Out

·          Another dinner out, but the boys had a swim assessment so we grabbed a yummy grilled cheese from a tasty restaurant on our way home.


Friday:  Date Night!

·          The kids stayed with their Grammy and DadDad while Chad and I enjoyed date night with some friends.


Saturday:  Turkey Meatballs, Quinoa with Kale, & Roasted Zucchini




·          The kids were still at their grandparents’ house, so I made a quick dinner for Chad and me before we headed out to have a little more kid-free fun.  I love these meatballs and the quinoa and kale from Costco, as I can have a healthy dinner on the table in under 30 minutes.  I eat this often when Chad is traveling so I’m not always eating kid food.  J  I added some thin-sliced zucchini that I roasted with a little olive oil, season salt, and freshly-grated parmesan cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment