Monday, January 26, 2015

January 18-24, 2015

Sunday:  Dinner Out


Monday:  Cinnamon Raisin French Toast, Scrambled Eggs, Bacon, & Strawberries

·          We always have breakfast for dinner when Chad is out of town, and he was feeling a little left out.  J  So, I made breakfast for dinner…the kids’ fave!  I had some cinnamon raisin bread and used that for our French toast.  It was delicious!


Tuesday:  Hawaiian Grilled Chicken with Coconut Rice & Broccoli



·          My friend, Sharon, texted me that she and her family had this recipe from The Girl Who Ate Everything and loved it, so I knew we had to try it too.  I am so glad she shared it…it’s delicious!!  I marinated the chicken for about 9 hours, and I used chicken thighs like she suggests because we really like dark meat.  I also made the coconut rice she suggested, and we all gobbled it right up.  Throwing in some roasted broccoli was all that was left to round out our meal.  Our family certainly can’t eat 3 pounds of chicken in one dinner, but I went ahead and marinated that amount and had Chad grill it.  What we didn’t eat, Chad sliced up and vacuum-sealed it for the freezer.  It will be a wonderful chicken to add to a recipe in the near future.  Prep once for 2 dinners…one of the best ways to save time on a busy weeknight.


Wednesday:  Sweet Potato Nachos  (Mom Cooked!)

·          My mom had originally invited us over for dinner, but I had a couple of sick kids, so she brought everything over and made dinner for us at our house.  She made these amazing sweet potato nachos!  I LOVED them, and even the leftovers were good reheated in the oven the next day for lunch.  We didn’t add sour cream to ours, but the avocado on top was perfect.  I can't say what the kids thought, though...I just made them an easy kid dinner since they were a little sick. (Recipe from SavoryStyle.com.)


Thursday:  Turkey & Veggie Tacos with Rice & Chips, Salsa, & Guacamole

Turkey & Veggie Tacos
·          We had 2 couples over from church, and these tacos are wonderful for feeding lots of people.  They also make a great leftover, and even the meat can be frozen and used for spaghetti or tacos for a future meal.  I used lean, ground turkey for this night, but these can be made with ground chicken also.

Ground Turkey  (I used 2 pounds.)
Finely chopped/diced veggies of your choice (I used 1 zucchini, 3 big carrots, & 2-3 big handfuls of spinach.)
1 Can Rotel (drained) or fresh, diced tomatoes
Taco Seasoning
Olive Oil
Minced Garlic

Cook the chicken with olive oil & minced garlic until no longer pink.  Add your finely diced veggies, Rotel, & taco seasoning.  Mix it all together until everything is heated through.  Serve with tortillas or chips of your choice.  We used corn tortillas and topped with some shredded cheese, sour cream, and salsa.


Friday:  Ranger’s Birthday Party with Friends

·          Ranger had a few friends over to help celebrate his birthday on the 26th, so we made pizza’s I bought from Walmart.  J 


Saturday:  Ranger’s Birthday Party with Family

·          I’m not sure how, but Ranger managed to have 3 birthday celebrations!  Ha…lucky kid!  We celebrated with my side of the family last weekend, and this week, Chad’s side came over for dinner.  Chad marinated and grilled a variety of meat:  chicken, pork chops, dove, sausage.  I roasted sweet potatoes and onions and made a big salad.  We all had a great meal, and Ranger has been able to see pretty much all of his favorite people in the last week. 


No comments:

Post a Comment