Sunday, February 23, 2014

February 16-22, 2014

Sunday:  Rudy’s BBQ

·          After church we picked up Rudy’s and took it home.  We ordered enough so we could also have some for dinner that evening after small group.


Monday:  Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas with Rice and Roasted Broccoli

·          I always like recipes from Six Sisters Stuff, and this one did not disappoint.  It’s very quick and easy to put together, especially since I used a rotisserie chicken.  We prefer corn tortillas with our enchiladas, so I heated some up in canola oil on the stove before rolling the enchiladas.  They were great, and I had leftover for lunch for a few days after.  J


Tuesday:  Grilled Trout with Zucchini Chips, Roasted Sweet Potatoes, and Toasted Garlic Bread

·          Chad received a cookbook all about cooking wild game and fish, so he’s been wanting to try out some of the recipes.  Our friend, Jeff, came over for dinner, so it was the perfect time!  Chad bought the trout whole with heads on!  I’m sad I didn’t take pictures of him cleaning them and making them “talk” to the boys…it was hilarious.  But, they were delish, and it was a fun experience for all of us to eat fish straight off the bone.  
      To go along with the meal, I made these zucchini chips and also some diced, roasted sweet potatoes.  Yum!


Wednesday:  Breakfast!

·          The kids and I were supposed to go eat with our friend, Sharon, and her two sweet babies.  But, as we were pulling up to her house, Payton got sick all over herself and her car seat.  L  So, we headed straight home, and the boys were so sweet and played patiently while I cleaned up Payton and the car.  Ranger requested breakfast, and I knew that was something I could whip up for them while holding Payton too.  A quick dinner of eggs, bacon, toast, & fruit hit the spot for the 3 of us who ate.  J


Thursday:  Pizza Night


Friday:  Oven Baked Ravioli with Roasted Green Beans

·          We still had a sick girl in our house, and I had a migraine earlier in the day.  But, I felt like I needed to make dinner for the boys and for Chad.  Chad had been in Houston for 3 days, and he eats out for every meal when he travels.  So, I put together this simple meal.  I really like the spinach ravioli from CostCo.  I placed the frozen ravioli in a dish and topped it with pasta sauce and sautéed chicken sausage (also from my freezer from a previous meal).  I sprinkled on a little cheese and covered the dish with foil and baked it for 45 minutes at 350 degrees.  I uncovered it and baked it for 5 minutes more to melt the cheese.  That’s it…dinner's done!


Saturday:  Britney’s “10 Chicken” in the Crock Pot with Kale and Brussels Sprouts Salad



·          My cousin Britney shared this recipe with me, and we’ve had it before off the grill and loved it.  Several weeks ago, I bought bone-in chicken thighs for another recipe and had some thighs that we didn’t need that night.  So I put them in a ziplock bag, then I poured in some soy sauce, Italian dressing, and garlic powder.  I mixed it all around a bit and stuck it in the freezer. 

We needed a good, home-cooked meal, but I wasn’t sure Chad would have time to grill.  So I pulled this chicken out of the freezer and decided to give it a try in the crock pot.  I put it in completely frozen (marinade and all!), skin side up, and cooked it on low for about 6-7 hours.  When it was time to eat, the chicken was PERFECT!  The skin was nice and crispy, and the meat just fell of the bone.  Thanks for this great recipe, Britney!  We love it on and off the grill!

…If chicken thighs aren’t your thing, by all means…use chicken breasts.  J  I will say, we have a new found love for chicken on the bone, though.


·          I’ve made this salad a few times over the last month or so, and we’ve enjoyed it every time!  Be sure and make a little extra, as it is still amazing leftover!  (http://www.justataste.com/)

No comments:

Post a Comment