Sunday, March 17, 2013

March 10-16, 2013

Sunday:  Lunch:  Crock Pot Salsa Chicken

Crock Pot Salsa Chicken
*  2-3 large chicken breasts
    1 can rinsed & drained black beans
    1 can drained corn
    1/2 - 1 cup salsa
    4 oz cream cheese

    Put chicken in crock pot and toss everything else on top.  Cook on low for 6-8 hours!  About 30-45  minutes before you are ready to eat, shred the chicken and mix everything together.  Enjoy over chips or in tortillas!


Sunday:  Dinner:  Whole Wheat Cinnamon Raisin French Toast with Strawberries & Maple Syrup, Eggs, & Bacon

Whole Wheat Cinnamon Raisin French Toast
*  We had most of a loaf of whole wheat cinnamon raisin bread from Sprouts sitting on our counter.  It was just this side of stale, so I decided it would make delicious French toast!  And I was right!  It was ridiculously good...we all stuffed ourselves!  I can count on one hand the times I've made French toast, but after this meal, we will definitely make it again and again!



Monday:  Dinner Out

*Chad was actually sick this day and didn't want dinner, so my Mom was so awesome and came and grabbed the boys and took them to dinner at Mooyah (Ranger's fave!).  She brought me a burger home!



Tuesday:  Chicken Enchiladas with Green Chili Sour Cream Sauce & Roasted Parmesan Green Beans

*  These were delish, and so easy!  I used a rotisserie chicken and corn tortillas.  The sauce is scrumptious, and it is made from scratch rather than using a can of creamed soup.  I'm not saying I'll never use a can of creamed soup ever again, but when it's easy to substitute, I'm all for it!  (Thanks Joyful Mama's Kitchen!)

Roasted Parmesan Green Beans
*  Lay out fresh green beans on a foil-lined baking sheet.  Toss with a little olive oil, salt, & pepper, then sprinkle a generous amount of freshly grated parmesan.  Roast in oven at 350 for 15-20 minutes or 400 for 10-15.  Just keep your eye on them, and you'll see when they are ready!



Wednesday:  Dinner out...again!

*  Chad wasn't 100% well yet, and he thought quesadillas from Chili's sounded good.  So, of course we ate what he wanted since he's been sick!  Originally my plan was the leftover chicken enchiladas from the previous night.  I enjoyed them for lunch instead!



Thursday:  Make-our-own Pizza Night

*  Our niece, Milla, was here, so I wanted a fun dinner for the kids.  Plus, Chad was working late and wasn't planning to be home for dinner anyway.  The kids had so much fun making their own mini-pizzas, and there was plenty left for me to eat.  We added some pears, and everyone was quite happy.



Friday:  Man-Pleasing Chicken with Roasted Broccoli & Potatoes

*  The name of this recipe cracks me up, but that's what you get with Pinterest!  The chicken is delicious...even the kids ate it right up (and of course, my man was quite pleased!).  :-)  What I loved about this whole meal is that I prepared everything earlier in the afternoon.  Then, all I had to do was toss it all in the oven.  I don't have alot of time to stand over the stove between 5-6 pm.  I used chicken tenders.  (wittyinthecity.com)

Roasted Broccoli & Potatoes
*  Dicing the potatoes into smaller chunks allows them to roast in the same time as broccoli.  I used a little Season All on the potatoes in addition to the olive oil, salt, & pepper that are my go-to roasting ingredients.  



Saturday:  BBQ Chicken Pizza

*  I realize that we had 2 pizza nights this week, but our week took a few unexpected turns, so we just rolled with the punches.

BBQ Chicken Pizza
-  whole wheat pizza crust
-  rotisserie chicken
-  BBQ sauce of choice
-  fresh cilantro
-  thinly sliced red onion
-  freshly grated mozzarella cheese

Bake the crust according to directions, or make one from scratch if you've got the time!  Brush with BBQ sauce and top with chicken, cilantro, red onion, & finally cheese.  Bake until done and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment