Sunday, May 31, 2015

May 24-30, 2015

**  After a couple weeks' hiatus, we are back home and the menus are planned again!**

Sunday:  Pepperoni & Cheese Crescent Roll Ups with Fruit & Chips

We had arrived home late the night before and didn’t have many groceries on hand, so I made our dinner with what we had.  Pepperoni, mozzarella cheese sticks, and crescent rolls made a dinner everyone was happy with!  I brush the tops of the rolled up crescent rolls with garlic butter before baking them to make them extra tasty.


Monday:  Memorial Day:  Hot Dogs, Fruit, & Chips


Tuesday:  Steaks, Sautéed Mushrooms, Sliced Tomatoes with Balsamic Vinegar



Chad was wanting to grill, and I was also happy with that plan.  J 


Wednesday:  Chicken Parmesan Casserole with Roasted Broccoli

I’m not sure what made me remember this recipe from Emily Bites…I haven’t made it in a really long time!  But, I’m so happy I thought of it again!  Originally, my plan with the kids this day was to go buy a few groceries, but we ended up having fun instead, so I didn’t buy ingredients specifically for this dish.  But, I was able to make it happen thanks to some freezer help!  I had frozen chicken thighs that I thawed out.  I also had a frozen bag of homemade, crock pot marinara sauce from a month or two ago.  I broke the sauce in half because I didn’t need all of it.  So, half of the bag went right back into the freezer for another meal!

I also didn’t have any croutons on hand, but I did have some whole wheat mini hamburger buns in the freezer from a meal before our beach trip.  I pulled those out, went to the ever-reliable Pinterest, and made my own croutons using a combination of this recipe and this recipe!  






I baked mine at 300 degrees for 20 minutes, stirring them around half way through.  They were so, so delish!!  I could have only eaten croutons and been perfectly happy.  J  I will try to remember this when we have some bread that is a little older before I just throw it out.  These were so, so yummy!  And the dinner was also amazing (I only made a half recipe).  I forgot to take a picture before we ate, but you can see what it looked like after.  I’d call that a success.




Thursday:  Cheeseburger Quesadillas with Sweet Potato Fries & Fruit



Cheeseburger Quesadillas
This is basically a cute name for a quesadilla made with ground beef and cheddar cheese.  Ha!  I bought some half corn, half flour tortillas that our family really enjoys and then just made some ground beef.  I seasoned the beef with salt, pepper, garlic powder, minced onion, and a little season salt, and that’s all!  I only used half the ground beef for this meal, and I saved the other half for Friday’s meal.  I served our quesadillas with sweet potato fries (store-bought this time around) and fruit, and everyone made a happy plate!  I should have taken a picture of the kids’ plates, as each one likes to have a different dipping condiment.


Friday:  Pizza & Movie Night!

We were all really excited to be home and have our family pizza and movie night again.  I bought some yummy, preservative free pizza crusts from Sprouts (good for a day when I didn’t have time to make my own), and we topped them with all of our favorites.  For the kids, pizza sauce, pepperoni, ground beef (the other half I prepared the night before), and mozzarella cheese.  



For the adults, pizza sauce, pesto, pepperoni, ground beef, fresh tomatoes, fresh spinach, fresh basil, and mozzarella cheese.  




My mom came over also, and between the six of us, we finished off almost every bite! J


Saturday:  Grilled Sausage, Caesar Salad, Fruit, & Chips


This meal needs no explanation.  We had some family over, and this menu made everyone happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment